Frequently Asked Questions
You don't have to choose a green transportation option every day to make an important difference. MiRideshare is FREE. Every shared vehicle trip or bicycling or walking trip benefits both you and our community.
- Save money,
- Lower stress,
- Reduce traffic and pollution.
- Create a new account by providing your name, email address, and some basic profile information.
- Provide your address and commute preference information.
- Connect with rideshare matches and commute services specific to your commutes.
What is the difference between a carpool and a vanpool?
- Carpooling uses private vehicles for shared travel. Costs, meeting points, and other details are discussed by the group and agreed upon.
- Vanpooling is very cost effective for the longer commute. The MichiVan program allows the vanpool group to lease a van on a month-to-month basis.
What are the benefits to biking and walking to work?
It's great exercise, saves money on fuel and parking, reduces air pollution, and reduces traffic congestion.
How much can I save by sharing a ride?
Check out the savings calculator. This amount includes gas, maintenance, taxes, depreciation, and finance costs. That same commuter can save as much as 50 percent of these costs by carpooling with just one other person!
What if I need a ride home for an emergency?
The Guaranteed Ride Home program provides carpoolers, vanpoolers, and bike riders with a ride home in the event of an emergency up to six times per year.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 866-510-POOL