Guaranteed Ride Home
What is the Guaranteed Ride Home Program?
It's great to ride your bike, carpool, vanpool, or walk to work, but what if you have an emergency--you might be stranded! Don't worry. We'll give you a ride home--if you're a participant in the Guaranteed Ride Home Program.
It Works Like This: You Call, They Come!
To register for the Guaranteed Ride Home program, you will need to first sign up for MiRideshare. If you have an emergency and need a ride home from work on a day that you used alternative transportation, call a taxi or the car rental company of your choice. Pay for your ride home (don't forget to ask for a receipt,) and submit the online reimbursement form.
Guaranteed Ride Home Fine Print
Poolers who enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home may receive taxi fare, bus fare, or rental car reimbursement in the case of:
- Personal or family illness;
- Family crisis;
- Unscheduled overtime;
- Mechanical issues with your bike;
- Unscheduled departure of carpool or vanpool driver.
Key points of the Guaranteed Ride Home program are:
- Participants must carpool, vanpool, walk, or bike to work on a regular basis.
- Poolers must make their own arrangements for a taxicab, rental car, or bus.
- Reimbursements will be made for trips from the work site to the residence or pooler meeting location. Intermediate stops (e.g., day care or hospital) are permitted.
- Taxi fares (excluding tip) and bus fare will be reimbursed for trips up to 100 miles one way; rental cars for one day (we are not able to reimburse for Metro Cars due to the excessive cost).
- The program may be used up to six times per year, but no more than twice in one month.